If you are a Stenten's dealer, you'll just love this post. Everybody seems to be dropshipping these days. While many people think about dropshipping, it remains an unknown territory. Have you thought about dropshipping, and if it could increase your profits? Here at Stenten's have put together for you 'The dropshipping post". An article that wipes out all your doubts. Let's begin by letting you know what is dropshipping?
Dropshipping - explained.
Have we told you that we love explaining? We must have - because we do. In just a few years dropshipping has expanded big and large. Otherwise we had something called "traditional model".
- Traditional model - Its 1960's. And you want to set up a retail shop. At those times, you must break a bank to do so. Or a bit more honestly, have a lot of money. You'd rent a warehouse. Buy a lot of products, which of course, costs a lot of money. Only then, you could start selling.
- The drop shipping model: That was 1960's. How do you start a business in in the 21st century? You don't rent a warehouse, nor do you buy huge amount of products in bulk. In the drop shipping model, you ship from the manufacturer/wholesaler directly to the customer. You get your margin. And did we tell you, you save a lot of money?
Should you be dropshipping?
Let us say you start dropshipping. You sell most of your products directly from directly from Stenten's to the customer. What would be advantages, and more so, the disadvantages? And are those disadvantages solvable?
- Near-zero investment: This is the biggest benefit of dropshipping. This is why people choose it. You don't rent a warehouse. And you don't buy in bulk from the wholesaler. Isn't that the biggest chunk of your investment saved?
- Everything sells: Every retailer knows how it feels when your warehouse is full of items that are unsold. A waste of investement. In dropshipping, there is no such thing! As you ship directly from the wholesaler, you need not to worry about anything going waste.
- Variety of products: When you ship directly from the wholesaler, all of wholesaler's stock is your stock. You've 10 times more products in stock, at the same time you've invested much less.
Switching to drop shipping - safely!
At Stenten's, we always want you to be in profit. Dropshipping could benefit you immensly, but it's not all gold. So we'd highly recommend you start small; begin by dropshipping some of your products. Once you're comfortable, only then venture further.
Written by Steve Wilmer
Steve started with Stenten’s in October of 2011 and currently maintains Stenten’s digital footprint. This includes contributing to our Blog, monitoring our technical Forum, and posting to our various social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, & Pinterest. Along with increasing Stenten’s digital market Steve also has knowledge on many performance parts for golf carts including controllers, motors, and tire & wheel combinations.